Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Road Trip Wednesday


Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic. 


This Week's Topic: NAME THIS LIFE: What would your memoir be called?
Road Trip Song of the Week: “Strawberry Wine" by Deana Carter




My answer: LOVE WILL SAVE THE DAY


And if you don't recognize that, it's from a song by Des'ree (You Gotta Be). At some point in the early 90's I adopted this song as my personal theme song and it's seen me through some tough times. And yes, I sometimes still sing it in the shower (but only on special occassions).


What would your memoir be called?

7 comments:

  1. I haven't heard that song in yeeeeeears! Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh I love the nineties. That's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a time in the early to mid 90s when I would hear that song on the radio at least once, either driving to or from work, so I am very familiar with it. I'm glad it had such an empowering influence on your life--and I'm sure Des'ree would be pleased too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that song too... Love is definitely important :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's on loop in my brain! Great title!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that song! It's a great title to choose for a memoir :)

    ReplyDelete