Thursday, March 15, 2012

I've been Tagged! Lucky 7 MEME

J. W. Alden has tagged me to take part in the Lucky 7 Meme. If you're unfamiliar with the meme, the rules are:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let them know

Here are the 7 sentences from page 77 of DAUGHTER OF THE MOON:


Selina stood on the shore of the river watching the canoe glide toward her. A short figure, robed from head to toe in dark velvet, was its only cargo. She’d been watching for awhile, trying to decide what to do. One moment she itched for the safety of the trees, the next she wanted to call out to the man in the boat.
As he neared the shore, he lifted his long staff from the water and the canoe came to an abrupt halt. Murky, blue light drifted from a lantern swinging from the vessel’s bow, washing Selina in its melancholy hue. She tucked her iPod into a pocket and stepped forward. 


In the spirit of the meme, I'm tagging these people with no forewarning, so there's no guarantee they'll be able to participate. Even so, you should check out their blogs! 


Ilima Todd
Lora
Cortney Pearson
Alyssa
Clare Dugmore
Carissa Taylor
Crystal Schubert

Hope you liked the exerpt and I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's :)

8 comments:

  1. This is pretty interesting. I like how it feels so old worldy, but she has an iPod. And I love "melancholy hue."

    Thanks for tagging me in this :) I was tagged previously, and I totally cheated:

    http://crystalschubert.com/2012/03/13/seven/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay :) I'm glad you like it! And that's just the mood I was going for :)

      Delete
  2. Ha! Crystal stole my comment! It felt like Selina was a rebel priestess on the shore by a temple, and then suddenly the ipod. Absolutely loved that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the 7! Enjoyed your excerpt, it made me want to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet. I think I'll do it next week. thanks for the tag.

    ReplyDelete