Monday, April 30, 2012

Z is for Zenith

My fellow A-to-Z-ers, we have reached the Zenith! And doesn't it feel great? :)

There were certainly days along the way where I wanted to throw in the towel, but that makes reaching the goal that much sweeter. And now that it's over, I am reminded of a wonderful feeling, one that I haven't felt in so long: the feeling of accomplishment which comes upon actual completion of something. Of course, I feel accomplishment when I finish a draft, an edit, or send out a flurry of queries, but that accomplishment is different because I know it's not really the end. It's only the end of a particular step, and there's no telling how many steps actually lay before me on the road to publication.

There's something to be said for completing something that comes no nicely packaged with a clearly defined end every now and then. Thank you A-Z challenge for reminding me of that!

So what about you? Does being a writer ever make you crave completing something with a definite end? Do you have any hobbies which allow you to do this? Or do you not need a definite end to attain that satisfaction and accomplishment of being DONE?


2 comments:

  1. Normally, I'm cool with the many drafts, many steps mentality of writing but lately, I will admit that I just want to be DONE with my current WIP. I'm ready to move on to something else now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes it would be nice to be able to really check a MS off as complete :)

      Delete