Saturday, February 25, 2012

YA Oscars

The Oscars are here! And they've got me imagining the Academy Awards for YA novels. Wouldn't the red carpet coverage of characters from the Hunger Games (I know, I know, not from 2011), The Night Circus, and Divergent be amazing?

In the spirit of the awards, I came up with some YA Oscar picks for 2011:

Best Actor in a Leading Role: Elder (Across the Universe by Beth Revis)


Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Alex (Delirium by Lauren Oliver)

Best Actress in a Leading Role: Rhine Ellery (Wither by Lauren DeStefano)

Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Christina (Divergent by Veronica Roth)

Best Cinematography: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I was able to visualize the entire circus - from the wishing tree to the ice garden and fire-breathing paper dragon - as if it were a film playing in my mind as I read. I could even smell the caramel popcorn and taste the chocolate mice :)



Best Picture: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
This novel captivated me from the first page with its beautiful prose and unique story.







Do you agree with my picks? Which YA novel would you have chosen for Best Picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment